How does it work?
It depends on the course that you choose!
Each of the four courses includes different modules, as described below:
|Course||Which modules are included?|
|IELTS Full Course||
|IELTS Writing Course||
|IELTS Speaking Course||
|IELTS Skills Course||No teacher
How does each module work?
- The My-iTeacher Ultimate writing course: This is a self study course which is divided into 12 sections. Designed to improve your writing skills, they include lots of information to read and practice exercises to complete.
- Writing test with a teacher: A chance to do a real IELTS writing task and get feedback from an expert teacher.
How does it work? You choose a writing task from one of 20 possible questions on the course page. Handwrite your answer on paper and upload it to the my-iTeacher website for your teacher to check. Your teacher will send you feedback within 1-2 days.
- Speaking test with a teacher: A chance to do a real IELTS speaking practice test and get feedback from an expert teacher.
How does it work? You organise a date and time to have a Skype session with your teacher. During the session, the teacher will do 15 minute interview in the same style as the exam. After this, the teacher will spend 15 minutes giving you feedback and advice on how to improve.
- Road to IELTS: A self study course where you do interactive online activities to practice all of your skills for the IELTS exam, including listening and reading, with lots of sample exam questions. The course includes approximately 100 hours of practice exercises.
How does it work? Click the link on the course page to log in to the Road to IELTS exercises and practice tests and choose an activity to complete at any time you want.
How do the teacher sessions work?
- Speaking course: 3 teacher sessions (Skype)
- Writing course: 3 teacher sessions (Online messaging)
- Full IELTS course: 4 teacher sessions (either writing or speaking)
How do I upload a Writing Test?
Uploading a Writing test
1: Go to STEP 4 UPLOAD YOUR IELTS TEST ANSWER SHEET AS PDF in your IELTS Academic Writing Test (with Teacher) course
2. Click on the number of the test you have completed. Eg. IELTS writing Test 1
3. On the Submission screen, click Add submission
4. Check where you have saved your IELTS writing test on your computer.
5. Click the add file button (or simply drag and drop your file into the window and go to 7)
6. Click browse. Find your file and double click. Then click Upload this file.
7. You will now see your uploaded file. Click Save Changes
8. VERY IMPORTANT! You MUST now click on Submit Assignment. If you do not your assignment WILL NOT be recorded and your teacher will not be able to grade it.
9. Tick the box (to show this is your own work) and click Continue
10. Your teacher will mark and grade your test within 2-3 days!
How do I create or change my profile?
Creating your profile
You should update your profile as soon as possible as it will help your teacher to familiarise themselves with you at an early stage.
You have a lot of options available to you when editing your profile page. You can change as many of these options as you wish but we recommend that you concentrate on the following:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Email Address (this is not visible to other students)
- Profile Picture
- Skype ID
Follow these instructions to edit your profile …
Go to the Settings block
Go to My Profile Settings
Click on Edit Profile.
- Add the desired information.
- Click the Update Profile Button
How can I change my password?
It’s important that your account is secure. When you first access the course you will be asked to change your password.
Make sure it’s something memorable to you.
You can change your password at any time. Follow these instructions:
- Go to the Settings block (hint: normally found under the Navigation block on the right side of each page)
- Click on My Profile Settings
- Click on Change Password
- Enter new details
- Click the Save Changes button
How do I message my teacher?
When you should send messages
- To Support
- Send a message to Support if you need technical help with your course.
To your teacher
Send a message to teacher if you wish to arrange an online session with them
Send a message if you have any questions about the feedback your teacher has left after a test.
Send a message if you are doing some exam practice on your own and you do not understand something.
Your teacher will check their messages regularly. You should expect a reply within 24 hours.
Messaging for the first time
Before you can send a message you will need to know where to find Support and who your teacher is and add them to your contacts. Follow these instructions …
1) Go to Site Home. Look in the Messages Block and find Support. Click on send message.
2) Then Click Add contact
3) Type your message and click send message
4) All your messages will be recorded.
To message your teacher
1) Click on your course
2) Find your teacher’s picture on the left of the screen. Click on send message then follow the instructions above.
How do I arrange a speaking test?
Introduction: How it works.
Step 1: Your teacher will send you a message to arrange a suitable time to have your IELTS speaking Test. The teacher will always use UK time.
Check the UTC/GMT clock to see your time difference.
Step 2: Choose a suitable time by messaging your teacher and agreeing to the Skype Test.
Once this is booked you cannot change the date or time. SO PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU CAN ATTEND. The teacher will confirm a date and time. Your teacher will add the Skype date and time to your calendar in UK time. This is confirmation that the date and time is set. If you do not attend you will be marked as a ‘No Show’ and will lose this session with no refund.
If you arrive late for your session the teacher will still finish the session at the SCHEDULED finish time.
Step 3. Look at the example speaking test questions to prepare you for the speaking test.
Step 4. Take your test. Each test is 15 minutes long just like the real test. You will then get 15 minutes spoken feedback with your teacher and an opportunity to ask questions.
What to expect during your Speaking Test
This practice IELTS test will copy the format of the real test as closely as possible during your 15 minutes. Following this, there will be 15 minutes of oral feedback from your teacher. You will also receive your grade.
Just like in the real test, your teacher will ask you:
- 3 speaking task 1 questions on general topics
- 1 Task 2 topic to prepare a 2 minute talk
- Task 3 questions on a variety of topics
Arranging a Speaking Test
- Your Teacher will send you a message.
- You can check your messages by clicking Messages
- Your teacher will book this time and you will see the appointment appear in your Calendar.
Note: Once you agree a time with your teacher it will be very difficult to change. Make sure you are certain to make the Skype call at the time you have said.
Just before the scheduled time of your test you should log into your Skype account and wait for contact from your teacher.
If you arrive late for your session the teacher will still finish the session at the SCHEDULED finish time.
What to expect during your test
At the start of the Skype call your teacher will give you a topic that you need to talk about. The teacher will give you further instructions during the test.
Read written feedback from your test
Follow these instructions …
- Go to your course landing page
- Click on the title of the test
- You will see a heading that says, ‘Feedback from … ‘
- You will see a grade under the heading, on the right. This is the overall grade your teacher has given for this test.
- Your teacher will have added feedback and notes below this.
Viewing grades in your Gradebook.
You can also view your marks in your Gradebook. To access your Gradebook you should follow these steps:
- Go to your IELTS course page
- Go to Settings and click on Course Administration.
- Click on Grades
- You will see a list of all your tests and practices. If your test has been marked then you will see a grade in the Grade column.
NOTE: If you miss your speaking test, after you have already agreed a time with your teacher, it cannot be re-scheduled.
How do I complete a writing test?
How to complete a writing test
For details of how to upload a test in STEP 4 Click HERE
Here is a summary:
Go to your course page. Each step is clearly shown and has more details about how to upload your writing test.
Step 1. Choose a test. There are 20 Academic IELTS writing tests to choose from.
Step 2. Download the IELTS writing test answer booklet or write on your own paper.
Remember to include your name, the name of your teacher and the number of the Writing Test you chose.
Step 3. Scan your IELTS writing answer and save as PDF.
Step 4. Upload your PDF for your teacher to mark.
Step 5. Your teacher marks and grades your work.
Each test has a task 1 and task 2 section to complete. Feel free to browse and choose a test that suits your needs.
How do I extend my course?
Extending your course
If you have finished the time access to your course and you need more time to finish your course, you can extend by emailing [email protected]
The cost of extending your Speaking Test, Academic Writing Course or Full IELTS Skills course for a further 4 weeks is £20.
This does not apply to the IELTS Skills Course: No Teacher. To extend this course you must simply purchase another course for 3 months.
How do I book extra teacher sessions?
Booking extra teacher sessions
If you wish to book extra teacher sessions, please email [email protected]
You can book 3 extra teacher sessions on the Academic IELTS Writing course or the IELTS Speaking Test course for £90. This includes 4 extra weeks access to the course.
You can book 4 extra teacher sessions on the Full IELTS Skills course for £120. This includes 4 extra weeks access to the course.
You can delay your extension for up to 4 weeks after the finish date of your course. After 4 weeks, you will have to pay for a new course rather than get an extension.
If you want a different number of teacher sessions please email [email protected]
Can I cancel my course?
Please inform us if you wish to cancel your course. Please note that you are only entitled to a refund if you have never logged in to your My-iTeacher account with your username and password.
If your account has never been accessed and your log in details have not been activated, then we will refund the full amount that you paid. If you have logged in and accessed the course, you are not entitled to a refund.
What if I do not receive my log in details?
When you book and pay for your course, you should receive your log in details within 1 working day. Please note that if you book course over the weekend (Saturday/Sunday), you will not receive your username and password until Monday of the following week.
Please check your spam/junk mail as the email with your log in details may be in here.
If the email has not arrived after one working day, please email us: [email protected]
Will I get an IELTS certificate?
No. The course is just lessons to prepare you for the exam and show you example papers to practise with. You will not do an actual IELTS exam and you will not receive any kind of certificate. This course cannot be used to support visa applications or university applications.
How do I use Road to IELTS?
Using Road to IELTS
Please follow the instructions on the video below to get into the different sections of Road to IELTS using your laptop.
If you are using an ipad you will need to download the Road to IELTS APP and email [email protected] so they can set up your login.